How to extract rar file? Are you having a hard time using and extracting the file? Here in Open RAR File, let me tell you how to extract rar file quickly and with ease.
RAR files are compressed created by the WinRAR archiver. RAR files can be split into multivolume archives when handling large size file sets. Like Zip files, these files that you need to be extracted.
RAR is the original format of WinRAR archiver. A RAR file is like a data container that can store one or several files in compressed form and has the .rar extension. RAR provides several advanced features compared to other compression tools available, including multivolume archives, tight compression, and a recovery record.
Get WinZip to open your RAR file(s), then enjoy all that the World’s most popular compression utility has to offer, including the most straightforward and most practical file compression, encryption, packaging, and data backup capabilities.
WinRAR is the World’s third most preferred installed software after Google Chrome & Acrobat Reader, making it the World’s most popular compression file utility!
Check out other articles on Open RAR File
- How to Extract Rar File: The Complete Guide
- Open Zip File: Excellent Ways to Extract Your Files
- Open GZ File: Extremely Easy Ways
- Open 7Z File: The Easiest Way to Open
How to open RAR files
- Save the .rar File to the desktop. If your compressed file downloads from a website, it might be saved in the Downloads folder in your Documents or user directory.
- Launch WinZip from your start menu and Open the compressed File by clicking File Open if your system has compressed file extension associated with the Win Zip program, double-click file.
- Choose all the files and folders in the compressed File. Multi-select the files you want to open by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking them.
- Click Unzip and select Unzip to computer or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip share button.
- Choose where to place the folder where you place the extracting files and click the “Unzip” button.
- Locate your extracted files in the destination folder.
How to open RAR files on Windows or Mac
- WinZip 24
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Internet Explorer 8
- WinZip Mac 7
- Mac OS X10.8, 10.9, or 10.10
- Intel 64-bit processor
- Supports Apple Retina Displays
- More on RAR files for Mac
WinZip opens as well as extracts RAR Compressed Archive Files and several other formats. WinZip is designed to open and remove from the broadest range of file formats, including all of the following:
- LHA and LZH
- ISO and IMG
- GZ, TAZ, and TGZ
- TZ and Z
How to Extract RAR files
- If you want to open a RAR file it could be an email attachment or a download, double-click on .rar File and it will display in WinRAR. You can then select which files you want to extract.
- Click the “Extract To” icon at the top of the Win RAR window, select the destination folder, and then click OK.
- You will locate the extracted File in the place folder where you saved them.
Other Ways to Open A RAR File
- Right-click on the RAR file and choose “Open with WinRAR.”
- Double click on the File to launch Win RAR.
- Open Win RAR and choose the file from the Win RAR file panel.
Open RAR files with Win RAR in the following Windows versions:
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7,
- Windows Vista, Windows XP
WinRAR supports the following popular archive formats:
- GZ & Tar.GZ
- BZ2 & TAR.BZ2
How to Extract RAR File: Conclusion
Should you wish to store several files in compressed format, use rar as it is perfect in performing this task. Please give us your reviews and the comment box down below.