Open 7Z FileFiles with the extension of .7z are compressed archive files created with 7-Zip open-source software. Here on Open RAR File, I will present to you remarkably easy ways to open 7z file.
The files created using a compression method called LZMA, which is an algorithm for lossless data compression. It is a type of compression known for reducing the file size while preserving the quality.
As opposed to some formats, 7Z files is capable of containing several files and directories. WinZip also has versions for Mac platforms that you can use to open, view, decompress, and extract files and folders that stored in 7Z files.
Several programs can open a RAR file for Windows. WinRAR is the most popular software. The hindrance with Win RAR is that it is not freeware.
If you aim to create a RAR file, then Win RAR is your go-to best bet. However, if you want to extract data from RAR, you can choose the default Windows tool that is 7-Zip.
Read more articles on Open RAR File
- How to Extract Rar File: The Complete Guide
- Open Zip File: Excellent Ways to Extract Your Files
- Open GZ File: Extremely Easy Ways
- Open 7Z File: The Easiest Way to Open
How to open 7Z files
- Save the .7z File to the desktop. If your compressed File downloads from a website, it might save in the Downloads folder in your Documents or user directory.
- Launch WinZip from the start menu or from Desktop shortcut. Open the compressed File by clicking the File, Open if your system has the compressed file extension associated with the WinZip program, and double-click the File.
- Choose all the files and folders in the compressed File. Or multi-choose only the files or folders you want to open by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking them.
- Click the Unzip and choose to Unzip to computer or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share button.
- Select the destination folder to put the extracting files and then click the “Unzip” button.
- You will Find your extracted files in the destination folder.
7-Zip by Microsoft Windows.Using 7-Zip, follow the steps below to open a RAR file.
- Download 7-Zip from their website.
- Once you install 7-zip, you are good to go.
- Double click on RAR to open the File.
- If the default program for opening the 7-Zip programs opening this kind of File, you can see the data in 7-Zip GUI.
- From the above options, the GUI, you can now choose to extract the files you wish to compress to a folder.
- If you need to extract the RAR file without using the GUI, you can right-click the folder.
- Choose 7-Zip from the options
- Then, select the “extract” option inside 7-Zip, and it will automatically extract all the compressed RAR files into another folder.
Open 7Z files on Windows or Mac
MAC and Windows Operating Systems can not automatically open a RAR file. This format needs other software to compress a file and extract the data out. Here are programs that can help achieve the task.
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Intel 64-bit processor
- Win Zip Mac 7Intel 64-bit processor
- Windows XP
- Supports Apple Retina Displays
- Mac OS X10.8, 10.9, or 10.10
WinZip opens and extracts 7Z Compressed Archive Files and several other format
WinZip design is to open and extract from the broadest range of file formats, including all of the following:
- LHA and LZH
- ISO and IMG
- GZ, TAZ, and TGZ
- TZ and Z
- And Zip
Get WinZip now to open your 7Z files, and enjoy all the world’s most popular compression utility has to offer. This includes the fastest and reliable file compression, encryption, packaging, file management, and data backup abilities. Do leave your reviews in the comment box down below.