The Zip file archive format makes it easier to send and back up large files. A Zip file is a single file containing more compressed files.
It offers an ideal way to make large files smaller and keep the related files together. Zip file format is the most common format used across the Internet for compressing a collection of files and directories in a single package.
The most popular compression format for Windows, Zip, is commonly used to emailing and sharing files through the Internet. When you receive a Zip file, you want to find a way to extract so you can access the files. WinZip, the world’s most famous zip file opener, is a quick and convenient way to open the Zip file.
Read more on Open RAR File
- How to Extract Rar File: The Complete Guide
- Open Zip File: Excellent Ways to Extract Your Files
- Open GZ File: Extremely Easy Ways
- Open 7Z File: The Easiest Way to Open
Ways to open Zip files
- Save .zip file extension to the desktop. If your compressed File is a download from a website, it might be saved in the Downloads folder in the Documents or user directory.
- Open WinZip from your start menu or from the Desktop shortcut. Open compressed File by clicking File> Open if your system has the compressed file extension associated with the WinZip program, just double-click on the File.
- Choose all the files and folders inside the compressed File. Or multi-select the files or folders you want to open by holding the CTRL key and left-clicking on them.
- Click Unzip and choose Unzip to PC or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab.
- Choose the destination of the folder to place the extracting files and click “Unzip” button.
- Find the extracted files in the destination folder.
Open the Zip files on Windows or Mac
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- WinZip 24
- Windows 10
- Windows XP
- WinZip Mac 7
- Windows Vista
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Mac OS X10.8, 10.9, or 10.10
- Intel 64-bit processor
- Supports the Apple Retina Display
WinZip opens and extracts Zip Compressed Archive Files and many lots of other formats. WinZip to open and extract from the broadest range of file formats, including all of the following:
- LHA and LZH
- ISO and IMG
- GZ, TAZ, and TGZ
- TZ and Z
How to create Zip files
- Under the “Select files to archive”, click on browse.
- Choose all the files you wish to archive.
- Click “Zip Files.” It will start compressing the files.
- Once you compress the files, the “Save Zip File” button will appear.
- Click “Save Zip File” to save the archive to your lo
Zip and unzip files
Zipped (compressed) uses less storage space and you can transfer them to other computers easily than uncompressed files. In Windows, work with zipped files and folders in a similar way that you work with the uncompressed files and the folders. Put together several files into a single zipped folder to conveniently share a group of friends and colleagues.
- Find the File that you want to zip.
- Press and hold the file or folder, then choose Send to, and then select Compressed folder.
- A new zipped folder with a similar name is created in the same location. To rename it, press and hold the folder, then select Rename, and then type the new name.
- To unzip files or folders from a zipped folder, locate the zipped folder that you need to unzip the file
- Follow the steps below
- To unzip a file or folder, open the zipped folder, then drag the File from zipped folder to a new location.
- Then, to unzip all the documents of the zipped folder, press and hold the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions
- To add files to a zipped folder, you earlier created drag all of them to the zipped folder.
- If include encrypted files to a zipped folder, they will be unencrypted when unzipped, which might result in unintentional disclosure of personal information sensitive information. In that case, we suggest that you stop zipping encrypted files.
- Other kinds of files, like JPEG images, are already highly compressed. If you zip lots of JPEG pictures into one folder, the total size of the folder will be similar to the original collection of photos.
In case you need to transfer bulky files or photos, well look no further, install the zip file to facilitate this operation. Leave your recommendations on the comment section below.